The Nerazzurri have confirmed on Twitter that they are set to land the star duo as Frank de Boer sets about strengthening his squad before the transfer window closes
Inter have confirmed they are set to seal the double signing of Gabriel Barbosa and Joao Mario.
The Serie A side announced on Friday that Santos and Brazil striker Gabriel – known as ‘Gabigol’ – had touched down in Milan, with Joao Mario also en route.
Inter wrote on Twitter: “Gabigol has landed in Milan. Joao Mario is on his way too.”
They also sent a follow-up video which showed Gabriel arriving at the airport to huge fanfare.
Ecco @gabigol al momento dello sbarco a Malpensa! #ForzaInter #FCIM pic.twitter.com/p70Z5VZMKH
— F.C. Internazionale (@Inter) August 26, 2016
Goal reported on earlier on Friday that the two transfers will cost Inter in excess of €75 million.
Sporting midfielder Joao Mario, 23, played in all seven games as Portugal secured Euro 2016 glory last month.
READ MORE | Birsa double downs Inter
Gabriel has also enjoyed an impressive close-season, with the 19-year-old playing six times as Brazil won the gold medal at their home Olympic Games.
Speaking at the Europa League draw, Inter vice-president Javier Zanetti said the club are expecting a busy week in the transfer market.
He said: “There will be news in this last week and we will see what happens. Whoever comes will be a reinforcement and will be welcome.”